Programme Educational Objective
- The graduating students from Mechanical Engineering will have a comprehensive background of sciences, mathematics and foundations of Mechanical Engineering to be able to solve application level problems related to core Mechanical Engineering and interdisciplinary areas.
- The graduating students from Mechanical Engineering will have expertise and acumen in core areas like Mechanical design, thermal engineering, materials and manufacturing science to a satisfaction of employers.
- The program orients its graduating students towards contemporary areas of socio-technological issues in order to achieve the professional development of the student.
POs describe what students are expected to know or be able to do by the time of graduation from the program. By the time of graduation, our students will able to:
- Apply knowledge of basic sciences (maths, physics, chemistry etc.) and engineering (core and elective subjects) in getting solutions to mechanical engineering related problems.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems of mechanical engineering including thermal, manufacturing and industrial systems to formulate design requirements.
- Ability to Design, implements, and evaluate mechanical systems and processes considering public health, safety, cultural, societal and environmental issues.
- Ability to Design and conduct experiments using domain knowledge and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions.
- Ability to create, select and apply appropriate techniques, skills, knowledge and computer based methods & tools to develop mechanical systems.
- Ability to analyze the local and global impact of modern technologies on individual organizations, society and culture.
- Ability to apply knowledge of contemporary issues to investigate and solve problems with a concern for sustainability and eco friendly environment.
- Exhibit responsibility in professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues.
- Function effectively in teams, in diverse and multidisciplinary areas to accomplish common goals
- Ability to communicate effectively in diverse groups and exhibit leadership qualities.
- Ability to apply management principles to manage projects in multidisciplinary environment.
- Pursue life-long learning as a means to enhance knowledge and skills.